Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Beginning of Your Wiccan Journey.

You will have to forgive my lack of computer knowledge, with this, my very first post. Not only my first post, but my first computer. I must admit, I had quite a lot of help to set this up.

I come from a long line of, what the family call Natural Witch's. Occasionally it skips a generation, which is a bit of a hiccup for us.

The Power is never bequeathed to a male child, but I suppose there is a first time for everything. Hopefully it will never happen in my life time. It would seem inappropriate, somehow. Besides, men don't know how to handle natural power.

Many years have been spent on our family Book of Shadows, it is a beautiful Book. When touched, you can feel the love flowing through your fingers.

It is probably best to start you off with a list of Witch's Tools.

Witches Tools are consecrated in rites involving the four elements, air, water, fire and earth. Witches Tools are inscribed with Runes and other Symbols
Witches tools are used in the consecration of Magic Circles.

ATHAME' : The witches personal knife. Usually double bladed with a black hilt and made of steel.

CENSOR : Incense Burner used in the burning of herbs, incense and other substances. Used in removing the unwanted energies.

CHALICE : Cup, preferably silver, associated with the female forces of fertility, beauty, womb, earth, and subconscious mind.

PENTACLE : Plate with inscribed Pentagram. Symbol of the earth. Used to ground energy and sometimes to serve food.

SWORD : Associated with the element fire, it is sometime used for casting the circle.

WAND : Symbolizes the life force within the witch.
WILLOW: The wood used in making a wand.

When buying your tools, deep inside, it will feel right. You will feel an urge of "I must have that", and you will know.

You will also need a Book of Shadows. Again, go with your instinct when buying the book. You can decorate it yourself with Symbols and Runes. This Book is used as your daily diary of Spells, and Magical workings.

Part 2 will be with you shortly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dnt knw hw I gt 2 ths blog. I luv th wy u hav dsignd yr pge. R u reely 1? Mm wnt lt me hav a hme pge.

Jess

Morgana said...

Merry Meet, Jess.

I am having a bit of trouble reading your post.

I really think you should ask your Mother if you can visit here.

Can you do that for me, please Jess?