Sunday, March 23, 2008

Put the Magic into Your Candles

I started off with a certain view, of being able to teach my Magic from the beginning. It is not quite working that way. I am deviating from the plan because I feel a need to, and I always heed my intuition. I love candles, so simple, but can convey so much. Candle gazing and meditation comes easily to me, but then they have always been part of my life.

Looking in my Book (s) today, my Great Grandmother performed a Full Moon Ritual on this day, 1894. I can feel the love projecting from afar, I feel her Spirit and that of my Mother, with me.

CANDLES:
A beautiful Art , that is part of Natural Magic is candle burning. Simple because it doesn't need a big ritual and a lot of tools. A childhood custom of blowing out candles on your Birthday Cake is based on the principals of Willpower, Concentration, and Visualization. Blow out the candles, concentrate, make a wish. These three principals need to be with you throughout your life, you will learn much from them.

The candles should be unused. Do not ever use a candle which has already been used. This is because prior use may have a bearing on the effectiveness of your thoughts. Many places sell candles, but is much better if you are able to make them yourself. There are craft shops that sell candle wax, molds,wicks, colouring, perfumes and other supplies as well. I won't go in to the candle making process, I am sure you can work that out by yourself.

When you have either made or bought your candles, use a little oil and rub onto the candle. It is preferable to use a natural oil, eg. Lavender, or whatever scent you feel in tune with. Imagine the power flowing from you, into the candle, the power of positive thought is a Natural Magic.

Candle colours and uses:
White - protection, vision, peace spirituality
Black - invoking the God, authority, deep comfort, dark magic
Silver - the colour of the Goddess, inspiration, projection, intuition
Maroon - rekindling passion
Purple - inspiration, Spirit or Ether, material wealth,
Pink - joy, a new way of thinking, love ,romance
Red - energy, courage, health, potency
Blue - love, emotions, wisdom, devotion, protection
Yellow - the great unknown, centering, imagination, memory
Orange - generosity, times of plenty, ambition, career, law
Green - healing, prosperity,fertility, luck, harmony, earth
Orange - ambition. career matters and the law.
.
A simple form of Candle Magic is to write your objective down on paper, and use a corresponding Candle. If you are able to make your own paper, that will make all the difference in your work. I use the Alphabet of Trees for e Spells, I must admit it is difficult, and I have no way of writing it here. As you are writing for what it is you wish, visualise the outcome of your Spell. Project your will into the paper, and roll the paper into the form of a scroll (do not fold with creases, as this holds back the power of your thought). Pass the scroll through the flame three times, quickly. All the time concentrating on the outcome you wish for. Hold one end of the scroll in the candle flame and let it burn away. Don't forget to watch your fingers while doing this, for obvious reasons.

Do not reuse your candle, let it burn out, or put it in the rubbish . If you were to re-use it in another ritual, it may project the incorrect power, and will detract from the Spell.

I really need to write the Tables of Correspondence for you, it will probably take months. Please bear with me.

I know you are impatient to try something, so next time I will give you a small Spell to do.

No comments: